The healing ministry of Jesus was totally balanced--this means that he ministered healing to the spirit, soul and body of people as well as delivering them from the powers of darkness. The purpose for Albemarle Teen Challenge is to evangelize people who have life controlling problems and initiate the discipleship process to the point where the student can function as a Christian in society, applying spiritually motivated Biblical Principles to relationships in the family, local church, chosen vocation, and the community. We know that the student's symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflict; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
Albemarle Teen Challenge is a 12-15 month residential facility for women overcoming life controlling issues such as drugs and alcohol during which time is spent in Bible study and education. It is our goal to provide a fresh start for women and enable them to become mentally sound, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted, physically well, and spiritually alive. The program will provide an opportunity to get away from the negative environment of the past and allow time to make quality decisions for the future.
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away"
- Albemarle Teen Challenge provides Christian Discipleship Training and Pastoral Care in a residential setting.
- Our Women's residential program is a place where hurting women can come and pursue healing for various life controlling
- problems such as substance abuse for a 12-15 month period.
- We offer drug prevention seminars to the community through our "Stay Sharp" program.
- Our students participate weekly in Chapel, Intercessory Prayer, Community Projects.
- Small groups (Group Studies for New Christians) with varying topics (Co-dependecy, Addiction, Relationships, Attitudes)
- Personal Studies for New Christians (PSNC)